Video Chat Tools (Skype and Oovoo)
How to use video chat tools:
Video chat tools, such as oovoo and Skype, can be useful because they allow the user to converse with another person face-to-face over the Internet. Using a web-cam, the user will be able to see and hear the other person. The best part of video chatting is it’s free so you can talk to anyone, anywhere in the world as long as you have a connection to the internet.
There are two main programs you can use : oovoo and skype.
1. first go to oovoo.com
click free download
select window or mac
2. A window will pop up, click allow
another window will pop up click run
3. Follow the set up wizard.
4. Create your account (this window should pop-up)
5. Once your account is created check you video, audio, and microphone (window will pop-up for this)
6. After this you can start adding friends.
7. Once you have added some friend click their name and then the call button to talk to them
1. go to skype.com
2. On the tool bar on top scroll over get skype, select mac or pc
3. Click download free skype
4. Create an account, to do this just fill in the information they ask for
5. When the window pops up click save file
6. click install
7 When the installation is complete sign in using the user name and password you created
8. At this point you can start adding friends and chatting